Services and Support
At ACAP we understand the importance of providing you with support throughout your studies. Our dedicated Student Engagement Team at each campus will support you throughout your time at ACAP.
Whilst a student’s current educator is the recommended contact for all academic questions, the Student Engagement Team is the key point of contact when needing assistance with any administrative questions.
Student Learning Support
The Student Learning Support (SLS) team provides a variety of services and resources to help ACAP students develop academic skills that support academic success.
- Website resources to help with all aspects of academic skill development, including referencing, academic integrity, successful study skills, and a full set of assessment guides.
- Online webinars to develop the skills needed to approach assessments with confidence. The atmosphere is relaxed, and you can ask questions via chat.
- Individual consultations to get personalised help to understand and structure assessment tasks. You can get information on how to enhance your academic writing skills, improve your time management, and develop exam preparation and exam strategy skills. Students can access up to three appointments per trimester.
- Assessment feedback about structure and academic writing. You can identify areas of strength and areas for improvement. This service is offered to students in their first and second trimesters of study.
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) to work collaboratively with other competent, caring, subject experienced student peers.
For more assistance or to book an appointment, please email us at your nearest campus.
Our hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The ACAP library provides services and resources to support and enhance learning on campus and by online delivery. In addition to book collections at each campus, library eResources include thousands of ebooks, journal databases and over 300 hours of counselling and therapy video. Library facilities also include quiet study areas, PCs, printing and photocopying, and wi-fi. A postal lending service is available for students studying all units or modules by online delivery. For further information, click here.
IT Support and the Online Student Portal
The online student portal can be found at my.navitas-professional.edu.au, and provides students with access to their online class spaces, online enrolment, student webmail, as well as their academic grades and personal information.
For user guides, IT policies and the technical support, click here.
ACAP’s Counselling Support Service is professional, confidential and free for all ACAP students. Counselling sessions are available by self-referral on a short-term basis to assist students with a range of issues. For more information, click here
AccessAbility provides the services that ACAP students with a disability need to have an equal opportunity to successfully complete their studies. Some of the provisions AccessAbility provides include:
- note takers and coaches
- exam support and flexibility with assignment deadlines
- physical supports around campus
- one-on-one advocacy and case management support.
Click here to find out more.
- Student Services & Student Administration - speak to a student services representative at your campus or online
- Information for commencing students – includes information on orientation, workload, key contacts and other essential links.
- Student Learning Support – mini site with study tips, workshops and webinars (for example, academic skills), and written resources for study, assignment writing and referencing.